During my trip to the Netherlands in April 2017, we were invited to visit the most beautiful Spring garden we've seen so far, Keukenhof, known as "The Garden of Europe". The visit was also recommended by a few lovely local fans.
There are more than 7 million bulbs in bloom there, with a total of 800 varieties of tulips. Besides the spacious 32 hectares of flowers you can enjoy the spectacular flower shows, surprising inspirational gardens, unique artwork and wonderful events. A fantastic day out for the whole family, Keukenhof is one big party for adults and children, who can take enjoy a treasure hunt, petting farm, maze and playground.
Dogs are welcome for free and can access all the outdoors displays and attractions (but they are not permitted to enter the pavilions and restaurants, at the exception of guide dogs), on the condition to keep our owners on lead.
- Take the boat tour around the fields, on your owner's lap, and get lost in the maze with them
- Get your selfie taken with the lovely staff wearing traditional costumes
- Enjoy a dollop of whipped cream from the delicious Dutch apple pie served at the café on the terrace
- Waste bags are available free of charge from the ticket inspectors
- The gardens can be reached by car or tour bus from Amsterdam
- Go from mid April when most tulips are in full bloom and plan to stay at least a whole day, there's so much to see! The park opens for 8 weeks only every year between end March and end May. In 2017 Keukenhof is open from 23 March until 21 May 2017.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit the Keukenhof Official website.